Thursday, June 9, 2016

Shimano 6 Speed Folding Bike User Review

For a long time I have been searching for the perfect folding bike to buy, but I could never find one that was exactly what I was looking for. They were either too small, too expensive or simply too ugly.

So, on my quest to find the perfect folding bike, I spent hours and hours on the internet, until I found the Shimano 6 speed bike. I didn’t even notice it was a folding bike at first! It was way cooler than most of the other bikes and, to my eternal happiness, so much cheaper too! Luckily it was available in a store close to me, so I decided to stop by and see if I had to compromise quality for money. The owner let me take it for a little spin and I couldn’t have been more surprised by how smooth the bike was! In my little test “drive” I climbed a small hill effortlessly and was able to easily transition over to flat ground without breaking a sweat! I bought it on the spot.

The price on this bike is on the higher end of the scale, and that pays for a few of the perks of it. The frame is made from an ultra-light aluminum that is made by hand. They also take comfort into consideration with ergonomic grips and the famous Retrospec saddle to make sure your ride is as smooth as the roads you take it on.

Design 90%
Durability 80%
Mobility 85%

So let’s take a moment to check over the pros and cons of this mechanical marvel.

PROS

  • Lightweight (28.8 lbs!)
  • 10 seconds to fold or unfold
  • Comfortable
  • Durable
  • Customizable

CONS

  • Pricey
  • Requires assembly
  • Threadless steering
  • Not built for anyone 6’ or taller
  • No chain guard or mud guards

Even with the above mentioned cons, this is still a great bike for the commuter and occasional off-road excursion. Retrospec took their time to design this folder and it shows in the construction. The consideration put into the amount of space that it would be housed in is also apparent; this beauty can even fit in a smart car!

If you are a commuter looking for that perfect ride, or someone looking for a way to enjoy the local park, this is the collapsible bike for you, It is a smooth ride, quick folding and once you take it out for an adventure you will be convinced that there is no other bike for you. There is really no better bike for you than the Retrospec!

The post Shimano 6 Speed Folding Bike User Review appeared first on Folding Bike.



from Folding Bike http://ift.tt/21a8zpu
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment